Along with changes in the weather many diseases spring up and with winter right around the corner, this is the time common cold and flu is usually on one the rise
Although people can get it anytime of the year, it is more common around autumn and winter time.
What Causes Common Cold
Many different viruses can cause colds and flu. They are passed on by inhaling infected droplets that have been sneezed or coughed into the air or by touching an area with live infection.
Infection is most likely to occur when immune function is low because of tiredness, stress, poor diet and digestion function , lack of exercise or smoking.
According to Chinese Medicine and naturopathy, susceptibility to colds can be increased by constipation and sluggish bowel function.
Symptoms of Cold & Flu
- Blocked Nose
- Runny nose
- Scratchy throat
- Muscle aches
- Mild Fever
- Sore throat
- Watery eyes
Home Remedies for Common Cold
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Chop the garlic and let it sit for 15 minutes
- Add the honey to the cloves
- Eat it
Eat this twice daily
- 1 red onion
- Remove the onion peels and cut into tiny slices.
- Pour some honey to cover the onions
- Let it sit overnight in a jar
- Eat like two slices every morning
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A glass of hot milk (any milk of choice)
- Add the turmeric to the milk and mix well.
- Drink this before going to bed.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A glass of lukewarm water
What You Have To Do
- Mix the pepper powder with the warm water.
- Stir the mixture and make sure its well combined
- Drink it while still warm
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of pure organic honey
- Add the cinnamon to the honey
- Mix the two ingredients together to form a paste
Squeezing lemon in lukewarm water provides relief from cold and cough.
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Warm Water
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon
- Mix the lemon juice and honey together
- Add half cup of warm water
- Drink it up warm
How to Prevent Common Cold
- Wash you hands as often as you can
- Make sure to avoid touching your face with your hand all the time
- Keep your household surfaces clean always
- Get Adequate Sleep
- Get rid of Stress
- Stay Warm don’t expose yourself
- Take food high in Vitamin C
- Stay away from people with cold