Backache is one of the most common medical ailment that affects millions of individuals around the globe. it is common among people of all ages, and at one point or another in life, many individuals will experience this ailment. The most affected gender is actually women. In this days, where a lot of people spend most of their time sitting in front of their computers, or office desk, this prolongs sitting put a lot of strain on the back, which leads to strain on the back muscles. The spine gives the required stability and support to stand straight and the flexibility to move around. The spine comprises of many muscles, which may get strained because of bad postures. A backache could also be a symptom for other kinds of illness.
A backache can interfere with the day to day activities of an individual. The major causes of a backache include bad posture, prolong sitting, or standing.
If you are used to sitting and standing for a long time you might be prone to a backache. Bad sitting posture also puts pressure on your back, and that affects the muscles thus resulting in a backache.
A Backache occurs primarily at the center of the back, along the spine or on both sides of the spine. The primary reasons for backaches are a strain, fatigue and lack of balance.
Causes of Backache
- Accident or injury to the spine
- Prolong sitting
- Stomach ulcer
- Liver congestion
- Age-related sickness
- High heeled shoes
- Bad posture
Home Remedies for Backache
- Applying a heating pad or hot water bottle to your back is a good way to get rid of a backache.
- Garlic is a great natural remedy for backache. Take two to three cloves of garlic every morning.
- Apply Garlic oil to your back to give relief from backache.
- Consuming Fish oil daily is also a great way to combat backache problem
- Don’t expose yourself to cold and eat warm food always
- Massage either eucalyptus oil or mustard oil to the affected areas
- Make a mixture of five black peppercorns, five cloves, and one gram dry ginger powder to be mixed in your tea and consumed at least twice a day.
- Cinnamon and Honey is a great combination for backache. Mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder with one teaspoon honey mix thoroughly into a paste and consume at least twice a day.
- Swimming is another great remedy for relieving backache
- Getting adequate sleep is very crucial when you have backache, make sure to sleep at least 8 hours daily this will help restore your energy and make you feel less stress out.
- Meditation will increase your Endorphin levels. This will help ease your pain.
- Garlic is known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties due to the presence of components like selenium and capsaicin. The presence of these components helps in treating backache.
- Prepare garlic oil by low heating coconut oil, mustard oil or sesame oil. Then add some 8 to 10 cloves of garlic to it. Fry it until it turns brown and then cool it to room temperature.
- Strain the oil and massage your back with it. After some times, take a bath in warm water.
The following are other ways of getting relieved from Backache
- Indulge in Back pain Exercise
- Maintain Proper Posture always
- Don’t Bend to pick up objects from the floor
- Avoid sitting for a long period of time
- Get a good and comfortable mattress
- Practice Yoga daily to get relief from backache
- Include meditation in your daily routine its good for relieving pain